A common misconception is that vegans lack protein. However, there are plenty of ways to increase protein intake on a plant-based diet. Here are a few ideas:
1. Include protein-rich foods at every meal: beans, lentils, tofu, tempeh, nuts, and seeds are all great sources of plant-based protein.
2. Incorporate a protein powder into your diet: look for one that is made from plant-based proteins like pea or hemp protein.
3. Make sure you're getting enough calories: if you're not eating enough calories overall, you may not be getting enough protein. Make sure to include plenty of healthy fats and carbohydrates in your diet as well.
4. Get creative with recipes: there are endless possibilities when it comes to vegan meals. With a little creativity, you can make sure that you're getting plenty of protein in your diet.
5. Speak with a Registered Dietitian: they can help you create a healthy vegan meal plan that includes all the nutrients you need, including protein.